The Wierzbiczany Palace is located in the village of Wierzbiczany, 8 kilometers southeast of the city of Gniewkowo, 15 kilometers northeast of Inowroclaw, about 25 kilometers southwest of Torun, and 49 kilometers southeast of Bydgoszcz. It is situated very close to the A1 Motorway junction (27 km), and the S10 route (20 km).
Distance away from the Palace:
- Inowroclaw – 15 km
- Torun – 25 km
- Bydgoszcz – 49 km
- Poznan – 145 km
- Łodz – 181 km
- Warsaw – 225 km
Gniewkowo is located in the southern part of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship in the district of Inowroclaw. The area of the city covers 913 ha, it is inhabited by about 7.5 thousand people. There are large forest complexes near Gniewkowo and in the city itself the following monuments can be found: the neo-Gothic Church of the Sacred Heart of the Lord (former united and uniting Protestant church) erected in the years 1894-1905; the Gothic St. Nicholas and St. Constance Church from the 14th century; the Town Hall built in 1908 and entered into the Register of objects of cultural heritage of monuments; and the 30-meters-high Water Tower built together with the entire water supply facilities in the years 1914 - 1915.
“Solanki”, the 85-ha Brine Park is the main attraction of Inowroclaw. Next, there are spa facilities and sanatoria, graduation tower, concert shell and recreational areas, including tennis courts and a rope park here.
On the edge of the park there is also the Summer Theater with benches for 1500 spectators. Later, between the Papal Gardens and the graduation tower a modern pavilion was built where both the "Inowroclawianka" (mineral water) pump room and a small palm house can be found.
Torun’s historic, medieval urban complex is one of the most beautiful and architecturally valuable places both in Europe and in the world. The area consists of three historical, medieval districts, formerly separate units: the Old Town, the New Town and the Torun (Thorn) Castle which is part of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
The capital and the largest city of the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in which the International Ignacy Jan Paderewski Airport is situated. Bydgoszcz is known for its three Gothic churches, the Bydgoszcz Canal, the 18th-century granaries, the Philharmonic, the Opera Nova (opera house), the “Venice of Bydgoszcz” (buildings showing up almost straight from the water) and the Mill Island. It is also worth visiting the Myślęcinek Forest Park for Culture and Leisure which is the largest urban park in Poland.